Seller closing costs
These are the typical costs to sell your home in Thurston County, WA. You don’t pay out-of-pocket for these costs, they are deducted from your net proceeds at closing.
- Escrow fees, which are usually split 50/50 by buyer and seller
- Title insurance policy
- Property tax, which is prorated as of the date of closing
- Mortgage payoff
- Buyer closing costs that the seller has agreed to pay
- HOA dues and transfer fees
- Real estate commissions
- Miscellaneous document and recording fees
You may have some out-of-pocket costs as well, depending on the situation. Out-of-pocket costs usually include
- Septic pumping and Time of Transfer from the county
- Repairs that you have agreed to perform
Net Proceeds Estimate
Here is an example of a Net Proceeds Estimate. The Net Proceeds Estimate is an estimate of how much money you will walk away from the closing table with in the sale of a $500,000 home in Thurston County. It shows the estimated costs you can expect to pay.
This example does not include a mortgage amount. If there was a mortgage on the property, we would include the mortgage payoff. For example, if this property had a $250,000 outstanding mortgage balance, we would subtract that from $461,469.45 to arrive at an estimated net proceeds of $211,469.45.
- Keep in mind that there is no set commission rate. Commission is negotiable at the time that the property is listed.
Get an accurate estimate of your home’s value
We offer a free consultation and analysis to help you determine whether selling your home is the right move for you. This is more than just a “free market analysis” that any real estate agent can provide. We take a consultative approach, and we see ourselves as trusted advisors, not salespeople. We will go deeper to help you identify and evaluate your options, and bring up things to consider that you might not have thought about already.
Our free consultation and analysis includes:
- Listen to your goals and needs (we listen more than we talk)
- Help you figure out whether selling now is right for you
- Prepare you by setting realistic expectations
- Make suggestions for property improvements, staging, and marketing
- Tell you how much your home is worth and how much cash you’ll get when you sell
Learn more here: https://mysoundhomes.com/how-much-is-my-house-worth/